Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Funny yet somewhat provacative Citibank commercial

I really like this commercial, because it is really funny and gets stuck in your head. When they were playing it frequently, I had the whole commercial memorized because I thought it was so great. Also the fact that they had a lot of different commercials like these, it made it even better. In posting this commercial, I would also like to address the discussion we had in class last week about sexuality on TV. I felt this commercial was a little provocative in the sense that it talks about women's sexy lingerie, but the fact that the voice is coming out of an older man, takes away that whole sexy message. I think that this commercial gives Citibank a lot of attention, it is memorable, but without subjecting us all to a sexy model in the commercial. Just something to think about.