Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why don't I buy store brands

We were discussing branding the other day and one of the things that hit me is the fact that I never buy store brands. The natural question I get to is "why?". The answer, I have absolutely no idea. On Sunday, while in Safeway I see two cans of corn, a store brand and a national brand. I immediately grabbed the national brand, but having thought about this some this week I bought the store brand which was cheaper. Turns out the store brand tastes exactly the same. Problem is, even with this knowledge I really don't intend to buy it again.

I stumbled across an article I thought I'd share on why store brands don't do quite so well. It seems I suffer from Issue #1 in the article. As it turns out I'm not the only one who discriminates against store brands. With my new found awareness I suppose I should work on overcoming that prejudice and seek out the objective truth. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0YQW/is_2000_Sept/ai_65227364/pg_1