Monday, November 12, 2007

The Writers Strike

When the writers strike started last week I don't think many people thought it would last very long or really thought about how their favorite shows might not be running anymore for a long time. I know I just realized that one of my favorite shows, The Office, will only be airing for another week before they run out of new episodes. Well, not only is this strike affecting the audience, but it will also start affecting advertisers. If this strike continues for awhile, TV will be consisting of reality television and a bunch of repeat shows. There are only so many repeats a person can watch, and so much reality television a person can put up with before they just turn the TV off. Eventually the television audience will slowly be decreasing and it will continue to be tougher for media planners to schedule media when the reach and frequency will be declining. I'm know I'm not alone when I say I hope this ends soon.